- Currently, the MPR is valid for 5 years and it is not renewable like the hand-written passport. As such,MRP should be re-issued once the validity is about to expire
- Please note that a new MRP will be issued in case of MRP reissue.
Who can Apply?
- A Bangladeshi citizen
- Who has a Machine Readable Passport.
How to Apply
Step-1: MRP Re-issue Application:
- Manually filled in MRP Application Form (please click here to find the form).
- No need to fill in online MRP Application Form.
Step-2: Submission of MRP related documents:
- The applicant must come to the Embassy in person along with required documents.
- Need to submit the required documents and pay fee at the counter.
- An interview may be required prior to the enrolment if any anomaly/anomalies found in the supporting documents. The Embassy wing reserves the right to request for any additional documents at any stage for necessary scrutiny.
Step-3: Biometric Enrolment:
The applicant should keep in mind that actual time for biometric may vary depending upon various factors. Normally you should plan for 1-2 hours to complete the biometric procedure.
- Applicant’s finger prints, signature on the electronic pad and photograph will be taken at the bio-enrolment booth.
- During your enrolment you will be provided with a proof copy of your passport information. Please check the accuracy of the information carefully since these will be reflected in your passport. The Embassy shall not be responsible for any such mistakes.
- The original passport will be verified here and returned to the applicant along with a delivery slip.
Step-4:Delivery of passport:
- Once the passport is received by this Embassy from the DIP/Dhaka, a text message will be sent to applicant to collect the passport.
- Upon receiving the text, the applicant should come to the Embassy in person in any working day between 9:30 am - 5:00 pm (Sunday-Thursday)
- Applicants are requested to come along with old passport, delivery slip and any other documents if specified by the enrolment official. MRP will be handed over together with the old passport (with necessary observation seal).
- If applicant doesn’t come and send anybody to collect the Passport in favour of the applicant, it is necessary to send an authorization of the applicant. Without authorization with proper signature, no passport will not be delivered.
- Manually filled in MRP Re-issue Application Form
- Original MRP along with a photocopy (page 2-3).
- Application related to complete changes of applicant's antecedent (i.e Name of applicant/ father/ mother) will not be received
- In case of reissue, only old MRP photocopies have to be attached with reissue form. In this case applicants' photograph is not required to be atached with it.